Friday, August 21, 2009

Playing Catch Up

I have been terrible about keeping my blog updated the past couple months. Part of the problem is I have left my camera home on accident too many times to count. My kids have all been in different directions this summer so I will update one kid at a time. Allias has had a crazy busy summer. He went to scout camp, youth conference and two weeks of band camp then left for California and wont be back until the day before school starts. I can't believe I didn't take any pictures at band camp. I am on the hospitality committee so I was there most days serving dinner for 200. It really was a blast and I am excited for Allias to be involved in such a great program. He will march for the first time at the end of August and I promise not to forget my camera!



Allias did great at scout camp- he did really well in the shotgun shooting, hitting 36 out of 50 pigeons. He also earned his Swimming, Fishing and Environmental Science merit badges and is now a Star Scout- he only needs one more merit badge to reach Life. Hopefully he will get his Eagle before he turns 16. I think his favorite part of scout camp was playing basketball with some kids from Lumberton.



I drove five teenage boys home from Youth Conference and it was wonderful. They talked the whole way home about how spiritual the experience was and of course how cute the girls were. It was the first time Allias was old enough to go and also his first time going to a church dance. He said he cried on the stand for the first time when he bore his testimony at the testimony meeting. He couldn't stop talking about how much fun he had for days!


He is having an amazing time in California- He went to a Giant's game has been water skiing, golfing, playing tennis and just hanging out on the beach. He had my cousin Galen with him the first week and now is just hanging out with my aunt and uncle in Tahoe. I doubt he will want to come home on Sunday. I know he took a million pictures and I will make sure to post some once he gets home.

1 comment:

* said...

Youth Conference is such a growing experience. I saw the youth in our ward grow by inches spiritually at the end of ours a few months ago.

Lovely photography on your blog side bar. Beautiful family!