Saturday, October 23, 2010

Volleyball

Kailyn and I are LOVE LOVE LOVING volleyball!!!
She is getting so good too! I couldn't even believe how well she played in her last game. Her passes were amazing! I am super proud of her and super excited she has finally found a sport she really enjoys. She goes by Kay on the court and thinks it is so awesome that she has a nickname. This is the first time I have ever volunteered as an assitant coach on one of her teams and I am having a blast.

We have been to two volleyball clinics at NC State. The first one was after Kailyn had literally practiced one time. It was very cool to see how much she has improved since then.

We had so much fun this time around. We had our whole team and some of our friends with us- after the clinic we went out to dinner near campus and we even stayed and watched the NC State vs Virginia Tech volleyball game.
After the clinic all the girls got posters and had the player's sign them. Kailyn brought her poster to me and showed me her favorite player, Brie. Then right before the game started each of the players threw a little signed volleyball up into the crowd and Kailyn got Brie's ball. She was sooooo happy. After the game Brei was sweet enough to let us take a picture. As we were getting in the car we realized that Brei is number seven and that is Kailyn's number too. Way cool!
Kailyn also had the greatest time dancing around and acting silly with Mr. Wuf

2 comments:

Marianne & Clayton said...

What a great sport! I love volleyball (although I am awful at it). Also- I love her socks!

Lisa and company said...

I bought the team matching socks!
Only they don't actually match our uniforms lol! Lucky for me the girls still all agreed to wear them.