Monday, April 26, 2010

Happenings

I continue to suck at bringing my camera anywhere. My next big purchase is going to be a new camera (hahaha I wish)- but seriously our camera is having a hard time- maybe that is why I always forget to bring it anywhere- it doesn't really even work.
Kailyn and I went to the zoo with our home school group and there were a few people taking pictures so hopefully I can steal some of theirs soon.

Here are some of the things we have been up to lately.

Alyssa did Kailyn's hair with her curl stick- I stole these pictures off her facebook page. Aren't these girls so stinkin' cute? Travis took a couple pictures of Kailyn on his blackberry when she got home but he hasn't emailed them to me yet. I will post them as soon as he does.


Here is Allias getting ready for a black light church dance. I chaperoned the dance and it was sooo much fun. Allias is a really good dancer. I wish I could afford to have him in lessons. He wants to take ballroom classes and I think that would be so awesome. It is one of those someday things (kind of like a new camera)......
Tyler went to prom with his friend Andrea
He was getting mad because the camera wouldn't focus.
Cuteness!

Love this one!
The girls! Isn't Andrea's corsage pretty?
My camera would not take a picture that was in focus- so this is the best I could get even with a little help from Picassa. Luckily the kids are cute even when they are blurry.
Kailyn and I went to tax day rally in Raleigh with the totally amazing Rentz family. Can't imagine my life without them!


Love these girls!
This little girl wasn't with us but I loved her outfit and she let me snap a picture.
And just because she is adorable here is baby K.

And some non picture updates-
Allias is still playing tennis- he is getting better and better. He is planning on doing marching band one more year, playing tennis again and he also wants to try out for the basketball team. He has been wrestling in PE and doing pretty good- I wish he would try out for wrestling but it is worse on the knees then basketball.
Tyler is volunteering a few days a week at the interfaith food shuttle and getting ready to start school in the fall.
Kailyn is doing awesome in school and has made some super good friends in our homeschool group. I have got to remember to bring the camera the next time we are all together!
Travis is down to one job but staying as busy as ever. It is nice to have him home most weekends now.
I planted a garden and have strawberries, cantaloupe and sugar pumpkins growing. I may add a few starter plants sometime soon.
We are all getting excited for the school year to be over and summer vacation to start. It is going to be a busy summer and we can't wait.

2 comments:

nelsonjeneen said...

YUM... the garden sounds really yummy. Can you send me some stuff? :) Love the pictures of Kailyn's hair. It looks really nice. Also Allias looks hillarous and Tyler looks great!
Jill

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

I haven't been to your blog in forever! I've been slow at reading blogs lately. Kailyn's hair all curled looks so great!!! And when you mentioned Allias dancing, it would be fun to see him on the BYU Ballroom dance team someday! That black light dances sounds so fun! Hope you are all well!